Sunday, January 24, 2016

Pink Makes Me Smile

Hi, Everyone,

I've been viewing Roben-Marie Smith's Videos on Vimeo and YouTube.  Her doodling is fresh and fun.

This morning I opened up my Dylusions Journal hoping to create something fresh and fun too.  Have a look at all the stitching on the tag!  I call this layout "Pink Makes Me Smile".


  My favourite paints are Golden Fluid Acrylics.  I chose Light Magenta, Titanium White, Cerulean Blue Hue, and Green Gold.  To start, I glued down pieces of old ledger and book papers to the right side of the page, then added white gesso to blend the edges into the page.  Taking those 4 colours of paint, I randomly washed on the colours.  Then I started making lines, dashes and circles with a Sharpie Pen.  I drew over the circles with a Stabile Pencil then used a wet round paint brush to smudge the Stabile Pencil marks.  To finish off the background I used a Fineline Applicator filled half with black paint and half with Fluid Medium.  I absolutely love how the script writing turns out!


Sewing adds so much interest to Art Journal pages.  I went in my pink ribbon stash and pulled out a few pieces of scraps.  Some are attached as banners to the tag, others as the tag opening and a page tab.  Look closely at the photo below, you can see where I cut out 3 petals for the flower on the left side of my Journal page.  Using the scrap paper you are working on to cut out pieces to add to your page is a great way to use your scraps!


If you get a chance, check out some of Roben-Marie Smith's Videos.  She will show you how doodling is fresh and fun.

Have fun creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment