Monday, January 18, 2016

My Version of Inspiration Wednesday (iw3.4.15)

Hi, Everyone,

Another happy day Art Journalling . . . or should I say trying to rectify a "too thick" nest.

In this post, I was working on one of Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday 2015 Videos.  For the nest,  I originally glued down some old yarn I had lying around.  It didn't look too thick at the time, but I could barely close the book after it dried. . . so off it came.  I only used a few printed cotton strips the second time.  What a difference.  I made sure I didn't overlap the layers and the book actually closed this time.  That's a good thing, because I have a lot of pages to go.

Below is my version of iw3.4.15.




Again, look at the vibrant Golden Fluid Acrylic Paints.  I love the combination of Teal and Phthalo Turquoise together.  The pigments are vibrant yet translucent, intense yet fading into lighter hues of itself once spread out.  Beautiful!

The script writing using a "Fineline Applicator" (filled with 1/2 Golden Black Fluid Acrylic Paint + 1/2 Golden Fluid Matte Medium) finishes off the page.

The texture on the background is Drywall Compound purchased at Home Depot (it's approximately 1/4 of the price of modelling paste).

Have fun creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment