Saturday, January 2, 2016

"48 Weeks" - My Art Journal Pages of Week 1

Hi, Everyone,

A new year . . . 2016.  A new day, a new beginning, a new chance to create.

What do you plan to do this year?  What have you wanted to do but never got around to actually doing it?  What makes you happy?

For me, I love to create.  I have purchased many on-line projects with the intention of doing them for myself one day.  Well, that one day has finally come.  This year I intend to create a little bit every day just for me, even if it's for only 15 minutes.

In 2014 Donna Downey created an on-line class entitled "48 Weeks".  She creates 48 journal pages and the cost of the on-line videos is $796 US Dollars.  You must purchase the journal, stencils, and products yourself to create your own journal.  In early 2015 I attended some classes of hers and she had her finished journal with her.  It was absolutely amazing.  Breathtaking actually.  I had to create a journal just like it for myself, so I went on-line, paid the money, bought all the products to make the entire journal, and that's all I did with the class.

On my birthday in May last year, I started the journal.  I bought an oversized 12"x17" Moleskine Journal.  It has 111 lb. sketch paper and is 1/2" thick.  When you open up the Journal it is a whopping 24"x17", and once completed is approximately 3" to 4" thick.  Now that's quite a formidable surface area to work on.  It will make a stunning coffee table book once completed and I will treasure it forever.

Below are my Art Journal Pages of "Week 1".  I altered the right side of the page using a brick wall stencil and accented the brick wall with embossed chipboard bricks using Stampendous "aged silver" embossing powder on both sides of the page.  I personally do not use Alcohol Inks that often, but love how this page turned out.


I love Donna Downey's work and am very privileged to have been able to take a live class with her.


The Graphics Fairy has many free images and images to buy.  
It is a great source for Art Journalling. 

Remember. . . do what you love. . .  love what you do. . . and make time to actually do what you love.

Have fun creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment