Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Prima "Junkyard Findings" Layout

Hi, Everyone,

I love vintage, I love doilies, & oh do I Ever love metal embellishments!

On one of my frequent shopping excursions, I was lucky enough to stumble upon square paper doilies.  These square paper doilies look amazing paired up with Prima's "Junkyard Findings".  Since I love all metal I tend to mix different finishes together.

Junkyard Findings are just that.  A random finding of metals with random finishes from vintage trinkets to water pipe parts, heart gears & watch parts.

In the layout below I've combined white heart gears with silver water pipes, antique brass taps, copper metal pulls, & black watch parts . . . all from Prima.  They blend together beautifully.

Have a look at the "Time 2 Explore" layout below:


Did you notice the peek-a-boo white heart gear & the copper metal pull in the top righthand corner of the layout?  I've combined old black wooden tiles & silver alphabet brads to spell the title "Time 2 Explore".  This title is repeated in the layout ever so subtly on the water pouring out of the tap (Time), the Roman numeral (II), & on the zipper (Explore).  Prima's water pipe frames are 1 solid piece & the package contains 2 water pipe photo corners as well.


I especially like how the water pipe parts are all separate so you can arrange them in any configuration on your project.  See how I outlined the left edge of my photo ending with a water tap spilling out "Time"?  I repeated the time theme with the clock hand over the heart gears.


. . . & what about those burlap flowers?  Since this was my grandson's first exploration outside, I thought flowers were in order, burlap that is, because I wanted to create a masculine theme.  Oh, by the way, did you also notice the {CREATE memories} Prima packaging?  Yes, packaging.  Don't throw away that beautiful packaging that comes with your embellishments . . . slide it on a layout.

This was a fun layout to create.  I hope it inspired you as well.

Have fun creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment