Thursday, October 24, 2013

Mixed Media Sunday - November


Hi, Everyone,

I absolutely love Art Journalling & have created quite a collection of loose pages.

As well, my husband knows better than to throw anything away before asking if I can up-cycle it in a project.  This is a win win situation for all of us since he has been giving me binder rings to create projects with.  Because of this, I decided to make a Binder Ring Art Journal from Scratch to store my beautiful pages in & I will be sharing this project with you too in an upcoming class.

I've combined Canvas Boards with Prima papers, square doilies, vintage sheet music, & silk flowers covered with sticky embossing powder & Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter to create the covers.  The flowers look like they are covered in SUGAR with Tim's clock peeking out!  It's a very pretty effect.  Of course to grunge it up, I added screw brads, a metal key hole & door knob which holds an elastic closure.  The book jewellery on the spine consists of lace trim, metal garter clip, & a crystal charm.  Inka-Gold "Old Silver" adds a touch of shimmer to the edges.

Have a look!

Sunday, November 3
12-4 p.m.
$40
  


Class Description:
Learn how to create your own Hand Made ART Journal from Scratch!
This beautiful Binder Ring  Journal allows for easy storage of all those ART Journal pages you have already created or will be creating!
. . . check out all that book jewelry
. . . & “She dreamed she was a Ballerina”  Page to go in it!

Please Sign up for the class as spots are limited by phoning Treasured Memories at 780-414-1540. 
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at ksundby1@hotmail.com.

Please Bring:  Matte Gel Medium, flat paint brush (for gel medium), Precision Marker (or any black doodling pen) ink dauber, Sepia Ink, pliers

Here are more ph0tos of the project:





Hope to see you in class.


Have fun creating!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment