Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Technique Tuesday - Washi Tape


Hi, Everyone,

It’s Technique Tuesday!

Last week we talked about Paper Tape so this week we will talk about Washi Tape.
There are a lot of Washi Tapes on the market as well & they too are fun to experiment with. Washi Tape is a good quality masking tape made of rice paper. More importantly, it is beautiful and useful at the same time. You can tear it, stick it, create designs with it, and write on it. Washi Tape has a low tack adhesive backing which means you can reposition the tape making it easy to use.

Today I’m going to show you how to create a simple card using Washi Tape. This same technique can be used on a scrap booking page as part of the design.

DSCN3892

Let’s begin.

DSCN3884
First gather several different patterns & colours of Washi Tapes & a blank card.

DSCN3885
I started off by running a single strip of Washi Tape #1 near the top of the card.

DSCN3886
Next, I ran a single strip of Washi Tape #2 directly underneath.

DSCN3887
Then I glued half a paper doily underneath & ran another single strip of Washi Tape #1 over the top of the doily.

DSCN3888
Using a double strip of Washi Tape #3, I created a banner poking out of the doily.

DSCN3889
Using a double strip of Washi Tape #4, I created a 2nd banner on top of the doily & previous Washi Tape.

DSCN3890
Using a single strip of Washi Tape #5, I created a 3rd banner on top of the 2nd banner I just created.

DSCN3891
Finally using a Precision Marker, I outlined the banners, the Washi Tapes, & the card . . . then I add some doodling.

DSCN3892
This is what the card looks like all put together!

Have fun creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment